Friday, January 2, 2009

A New Beginning



I lived day by day,
Telling myself things will get better.

My life I tried to end,
'cause life to me seemed hopeless.

A new beginning you gave me,
A second chance at life.

Dead ends kept following me,
No matter how hard I tried.

Every time I tried to die
That unborn picture came to mind.

Seeing you suck your tiny thumb,
Seeing you yawn in my sister's womb,
Made me realize I need to live.

I cried in fear, "What should I do?"
That picture came to mind,
That picture of you.

A new beginning you gave to me,
Now you are here.

You let me taste the life,
The life I tried so hard to end.

Now I share my breath with you,
And hold dear to the memories we've shared,
And will continue sharing in the times ahead.

I thank you now for giving me
A new beginning - a better life.

- by Ericka



No comments:

Post a Comment